Search This Blog

Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

I read earlier, many weeks ago, that of a growing interest in using personal family history as a basis for writing fiction. As I see it, the beauty of using historical family fiction, family stories in fiction form, is that the writer may combine various branches of the family and change the sequence of events. That is what I have done in my Grannie Kate series. Grannie Kate is a combination of several grandmothers in our family and events that took place through many years. See my webpage for more information on this go to http://www.fayeswordbasket.com I have done this as a way of preserving the love and goodness that flowed throughout our family. I urge everyone to do the same. As you can see, you can start with stories for the youngsters. They should know their family history and its characters!" Using personal family history as a basis for fiction is a great way to preserve family stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment